I had recently exited The Mix Coworking and, well, I had the time. Since then, many discussions and much research confirmed that it is time for our region to have its own alliance!
So, on International Coworking Day (Aug. 9), we will be announcing the launch of the North Texas Coworking Alliance and we will celebrate by gathering for our first quarterly on Friday.
The mission of the alliance is still in formation, because it will be determined by the needs of the membership. But, generally, we will be focused on:
- expanding awareness of coworking as a people-focused, community-oriented movement
- facilitating communication and collaboration among member spaces
- growing and diversifying the ecosystem beyond the early adopters downtown and in startup/tech
- using collective resources to attract sponsorships, discounts and perks for member spaces
- education and training to maximize profitable business operations
- supporting personal development and healthy workstyles for space owners and operators
- Is your space doing anything special for International Coworking Day that we can help to promote?
- Who else should we invite? Please forward the attached flyer and encourage their R.S.V.P. In the future, we will hold members-only meetups, but this one is open to all. And we will have meetups all over the region, not just Dallas.
- What are your burning issues? We will have small breakout sessions for these topics that could become ongoing working groups.
12:30 lunch provided by communion
meet the chef and staff and enjoy selections from the full-service menu
welcome and introductions
introduction to the alliance – daryn dezengotita
review DCC spring quarterly, brainstorming
honoring the work of the grove – justin nygren
celebrating the opening of communion – tim kahle
big high five and group photo
2:00 breakout sessions
topics to be determined by attendees
2:30 guided tours of communion and social time
coffee drinks, beer and beverages provided by communion
this quarterly is open to all – owners, operators, members,
co-curious, lurkers, and fans of the coworking movement